Saturday, November 12, 2005

This is yet another topic on health related issues. It is the winter season. The season where skin dries out and extra moisturizing is implemented.
My cousin has exzema which is worse in the winter time.She has big patches of flaking skin,rash and itchy pimple like things all up and down her outer arm. She is so irrated that she often can find no relief mentally or physically. My mother has it as well. Her hands gets all red with inflammation, and they crack open and bleed.
Her hands get so sore she can't even bend them let alone use them for work.
The worse I suffer from is scally cracked elbows. They get so sore and split that I can't bend them and rest them on my table as I so often do.
It occurred to me that there may be alot of others out there that could benefot from the helpful information found in the following article so I thought I would post it.

Living With the Discomfort of Psoriasis
Copyright 2005 Anne Wolski

Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that is characterised
by scaling and inflammation of the skin. It most often
occurs on the elbows, knees, other parts of the legs,
scalp, lower back, face, palms, and soles of the feet, but
they can occur on skin anywhere on the body. The disease
may also affect the fingernails, the toenails, and the soft
tissues of the genitals and inside the mouth.

Psoriasis occurs when skin cells quickly rise from their
origin below the surface of the skin and pile up on the
surface before they have a chance to mature. In about
one-third of the cases, there is a family history of
psoriasis.

Approximately 30 percent of people with psoriasis
experience joint inflammation that produces symptoms of
arthritis. This condition is called psoriatic arthritis.

My own battle with this condtion began when I was in my
early twenties. The first signs were simply a reddening of
the elbows and knees. Of course, I took little notice of
this. However, it didn't take long before the scaly patches
appeared and began to spread to my knuckles, ankles and
some small areas on my lower legs. I tried several
moisturising lotions but nothing seemed to work. I then
sought the advice of my physician who diagnosed my
condition as Psoriasis.

So began a lifetime of applying corticosteroid creams and
coaltar lotions to the affected areas of my body. This is
usually the first type of treatment prescribed for the
condition.

At times, I experienced significant physical discomfort.
Itching and pain interfered with basic functions, such as
sleep. This in turn left me feeling constantly tired and
unable to cope with day-to-day chores, thus putting a
strain on my family relationships. I began to feel
self-conscious about my appearance and had a poor
self-image that stemmed from fear of public rejection.
Psychological distresses in turn lead to significant
depression and social isolation.

I noticed that there were times when my skin worsened, then
improveed. I found that several things caused flareups
including infections, stress, and changes in climate that
dry the skin. Also, certain medicines seemed to trigger an
outbreak or worsen the disease.

As the years progressed, so too did the disease. I
eventually had psoriasis on my knuckles, elbows, finger
joints, knees, lower legs, feet, and even the webbing of my
toes. I also had it in my scalp and a large area of my
lower back. I was miserable most of the time because of the
constant itching and discomfort.

I had tried every treatment that I heard of and had found
only minimal relief. By this time, I had virtually given up
hope that I would ever lead a normal life without this
affliction.

However, a few years ago, a friend convinced me to see a
naturopath. I didn’t expect much from him but he surprised
me. He advised me to try emu oil, something I hadn’t yet
tried. I took his advice and bought a bottle of emu oil
capsules which I took religiously. Within weeks, the scaly
patches had all but disappeared from my knuckles and lower
legs. By a couple of months, I had no outward signs of the
disease and, for the first time in many years, I felt
comfortable with my appearance. Because I was no longer
itching all of the time, my sleep patterns improved and so
did my ability to cope with life in general.

I took the full dose for about six months and then started
taking just one capsule per day as a maintenance dose. I
still take that every day and will do so for the rest of my
life.

So, for all of those who suffer from psoriasis or eczema,
take my advice. Give the emu oil a try. It certainly
improved my quality of life and I believe that the advice
given to me by that naturopath is the best advice I was
ever given.

Psoriasis is an incurable disease and, once you have it,
you will always have it. The point is that you don’t have
to let it rule your life. You can live relatively free of
this condition just by taking that one step.


----------------------------------------------------
Anne Wolski has worked within the health and welfare
industry for more than 30 years. Go to
http://www.magnetic-helath-online.com to see many wonderful
health articles, many of them written by doctors and others
who have been involved in the health industry for many
years.


www.ulosefast.com


Learn how to lose those unwanted pounds and look and feel great



"Learn What "All Natural" Weight Loss Supplement World Medallist Swimmer, Paul Callis, Swears By - And Learn How You Too Can Experience Almost Immediate And Permanent Weight Loss Results!"


Health and Personal Care items






Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog I hope we can work to build a better health care system as we are in a major crisis and health insurance is a major aspect to many.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Hair Care Blog, it is cool to!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home