Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I recently started a new job at a huge call centre here in Belleville. There is a full work out gym on one floor that seems to attract all sorts of attention. An extra bonus is it is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week since the call centre is open all the time. As well since the centre is so large it is a 30 minute walk around it.
There are sets of stairs all over the building with my office being on the top floor.
I decided I would stay away from the elevators and count how many stairs I climbed a day. The smoking section is down on the main floor and on the opposite side of the building so that is a ten minute walk.(one bad habit to kick at a time, ok?)
Total today, I climbed 120 stairs, walked for 30 minutes, and as an extra benefit due to less time,I only had 3 cigarettes. For lunch I had a cucumber, a bowl of broccoli soup, and the only splurging I did was a garlic cheese bun.
I have finally decided to keep track of what I am eating with a diet journal. It has been recommended by all the experts, yet I never really wanted to get into it. I guess I was afraid to really see how much junk I was ingesting. The first day I recorded(no cheating)I was shocked to see that I had consumed 2500 calories and over 20 grams of fat. Ouch!!!!
I had never taken the time to calculate every morsel of food I dared to put into my mouth. I was appalled actually. I have been on a leave of absence from work for the last 2 months. I have also gained a pound a week so the scale informed me yesterday. It is 3500 for every calorie gain. Wow. Could I have really slacked off that much?
My daily walks amoounted to nothing.
Needless to say my grocery list for tomorrow has been revised. It is never to late to get back on track. It may be hard, let me rephrase that; it Will be hard, but I know I am doing myself more of an injustice by allowing myself to behave this way and cater to my bad food cravings/whims than anything else. Live long and stay strong!!! My new motto.
So, if you have recently fallen off the wagon, take heart(put those halloween candies away!),take a deep breath, chase those negative thoughts away and smile. Tomorrow is a brand new day.






"Learn What "All Natural" Weight Loss Supplement World Medallist Swimmer, Paul Callis, Swears By - And Learn How You Too Can Experience Almost Immediate And Permanent Weight Loss Results!"







Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma

1 Comments:

Blogger Dominique said...

I just started a new job, too, and I wanted to see who else was blogging about their new job. Mine is at
http://mynewjobnyc.blogspot.com

I commend you on your diet journal! I lost 107 pounds over 2 years (a pound a week) by keeping a strict food diary. I have kept the weight off for 18 months and I still keep the journal to this day because it works for me. I write down exercise, too. You might want to get a pedometer -- that will tell you how many steps, including stairs, and 2000 steps is equal to about a mile for the average stride. Good luck with the new job and the self-improvement program!! -- Dominique

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home