Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Oh my Goodness! It has been 8 days since I posted a blog! I have been a little busy. My priorities have changed with the season so it seems. I hope you have all been doing well since I last was here. I may only be able to do my posts twice a week now so I will try to make it worth the wait.
I had the day off today so I went for a nice long walk to see how long it would take me to freeze my feet off. I recently got boots but I am of the mind that as long as there is no snow, the running shoes can be worn. Today I realized the other benefit of boots in the winter. It's called extra insulation for the toes!!!!
My runners were frozen solid at the end of my hour hike and I could barely bend them. Those dollar mitties they sell are only good for inside other mitts I found out as well. But I hate to complain since it is only the end of Nov. and winter really hasn't even started. But I am definitely getting a scarf this winter too. I think back to when I was a teenager and dressed for style. Explains the severe frost bite on my thighs one winter. Never again. Even if I look like a dork.
Now, what tid bit of info should I leave you with today? Well since it is Thanksgiving I think for all you American readers tomorrow, how about I leave you with this pleasant article.

Holiday Diet Challenges - 9 Tips To Survive This Season
Copyright 2005 Cindy Lewis

The holidays are the most festive time of the year but they
can also be highly stressful if you are watching your diet
or trying to lose weight. How can we avoid gaining extra
fat while still experiencing a great time this season? You
can enjoy the celebration to its fullest and not worry
about guilt on Monday if you follow just a few simple ideas.

Don't wait until the big meal to eat. It's understandable
to save room for your favorite holiday dishes but starving
yourself until the big feast is the last thing that you
want to do.

You should enjoy eating sensible snacks to maintain your
metabolism. Also, not being famished lowers the chances of
your going overboard. It is best to avoid eating too much
when dinner is finally served.

Try leaning toward grains and high fiber carbohydrates such
as brown rice, wheat breads and wheat flour pasta. Fiber
rich foods tend to give most people a full feeling earlier
than the same or larger quantity of white flour
alternatives. Consider higher protein cottage cheese over
sour cream for your potato. No, you don't have to live
without the butter but it may benefit your waste line if
you do.

Drink plenty of water. It is always important to stay well
hydrated. But, when celebrating especially, water
replenishes and counters the dehydrating effects of the
caffeinated or adult beverages we may have enjoyed.
Drinking enough water also can help us to not stuff
ourselves with high calorie foods.

Casseroles are always welcomed in my home but steamed
vegetables are a nutritious alternative. Use herbs to
bring out the natural flavors. You may also consider nuts
like vitamin rich Pistachios or raw fruits and vegetables
with low fat dips as appetizers over the heavier or higher
calorie items better reserved for the main event.

Treat yourself to whatever your heart desires, even
desserts and chocolates if you wish. However, do it in
moderation. Try sampling in smaller portions so there
isn't anything you missed but be sensible on serving size.
When you pay attention to the quantity of what you are
eating, it increases the quality of these special times.

If the weather is appropriate, enjoy a walk outside with
your friends and family. Still truly important is that you
have enough physical activity but days like these were
meant for leisure. Take the opportunity to enjoy the fresh
air before dining or after your post feast nap. Doing so
will help you be certain to burn at least a few of those
extra calories.

Food doesn't need to be the only focus of your
celebration's fun time. Since the group is together, why
not exercise each other's mind with the board games hid
away in your closet? Children and kids at heart may
already be playing video games but when was the last time
you enjoyed a good trivia or word game? Some of the most
memorable family or friendship bonds can be made over a
triple letter score.

Speaking of kids, it's important for us adults to set a
good example. Food is crucial for us to live and should
never be something to feel guilty over. Encourage children
to enjoy the holiday with healthy treats, physical
activity, and good feelings about food. What we discover
and experience as children during these social occasions
can often last as wonderful memories throughout our entire
lifetime.


----------------------------------------------------
For more good sense diet tips and to discover Cindy Lewis'
easy weight loss secrets, visit her website at
http://www.easyweightlosssecrets.com and register for her
free online diet class.



www.ulosefast.com

Learn how to lose those unwanted pounds and look and feel great


"Learn What "All Natural" Weight Loss Supplement World Medallist Swimmer, Paul Callis, Swears By - And Learn How You Too Can Experience Almost Immediate And Permanent Weight Loss Results!"

Find the Perfect Holiday Gift at Amazon.com Gift Central



Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kadebescorner Very nice blog :0) I just got inside from washing and waxing my truck. It is my baby. Took me 2 hours though. So I settled down into my basement and started doing some web surfing. Anyways I am in the process of grabbing my masters degree and have spent the last 6 months researching jobs in massage therapy In the midst of my surfing I landed smack dab in the middle of your blog. I hope you do not think I am intruding but I must say it is great blog. Even though this post is way off base from jobs in massage therapy I found myself cruising through your blog archives for the last half hour :0) You have some nice blogging friends. Anyways, I need to get back to my mission. I wrote don’t your url and feel free to visit me here at jobs in massage therapy I am so busy so I can only update my site monthly. Keep up the great work.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. kadebescorner I love your blog. I had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don’t know how I came across this post but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don’t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to . I am almost finished with it. Great job.
p.s some very good points on your blog

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about massage therapy new york. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on massage therapy new york and it brought me to your blog on this post. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog kadebescorner and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about massage therapy clinic. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on massage therapy clinic and it brought me to your blog on this post. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog kadebescorner and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the better results I saw from my fasting experience was that I have more self control over my eating habits. I have always been a binge type of eater. After my fast, I felt like I could restrain myself easier. It is proberbly a mental attribute. I mean I can go without eating for 7 days then I sure can keep myself from eating something I shouldn't.
Link to this site. 2006 challenge loss weight

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home